Welcome to the Sidney Sister Cities Association
We link people with people, community with community,
and support The Town of Sidney on the world stage.
The mission of Sister Cities International is to promote peace through mutual respect, understanding and cooperation – one individual, one community at a time.
Our Statement of Purpose is as a committee and in association with the Town of Sidney, to promote greater understanding and respect between the citizens of the Saanich Peninsula and Anacortes, USA; Cairns, Australia and Niimi, Japan (and any future sister cities) by enriching the cultural and economic resources of each city through the planning and implementation of programs that foster mutual understanding respect and good will.
• A not for profit organization with bylaws filed in the Town Hall of Sidney.
• To develop exchanges, programmes, and/or activities between our Sister Cities.
• To serve as hosts and international guides to our Sister City delegations.
• To organize accommodations and/or home-stays for international delegations.
• To provide financial assistance to support Sister City exchanges.
1. Support international trade and economic partnerships between our sister cities.
2. Promote international tourism.
3. Support increased understanding of international issues.
4. Support artistic and cultural exchanges and partnerships.
The next meeting of Sidney Sister Cities Association will be held at the Sidney Library on Resthaven Drive, Thursday, May 18, at 7 pm. Auxillary Constable Ian Collis, RCMP, will speak about identity theft and he will go over some of the scams happening in the area.
As always our meetings are open to all and guests are encouraged to come and learn more about our Association.